Terms of Service
Thank you for using BeitiBeitak!
These Terms constitute a legally binding agreement ("Agreement") between you and BeitiBeitak (as defined below) governing your access to and use of the BeitiBeitak website, including any subdomains thereof, and any other websites through which BeitiBeitak makes its services available (collectively, "Site"), and all associated services (collectively, "BeitiBeitak Services"). The Site, and BeitiBeitak Services together are hereinafter collectively referred to as the “BeitiBeitak Platform”. Our Host Guarantee Terms, Guest Refund Policy, and other Policies applicable to your use of the BeitiBeitak Platform are incorporated by reference into this Agreement.
When these Terms mention “Be itiBeitak,” “we,” “us,” or “our,” it refers to the BeitiBeitak company you are contracting with. Your contracting entity will generally be determined based on your country of residence or establishment.
Any and all payment processing services through or in connection with your use of the BeitiBeitak Platform ("Payment Services") are provided to you by one or more BeitiBeitak Payments entities (individually and collectively, as appropriate, "BeitiBeitak Payments") as set out in the Payments Terms of Service ("Payments Terms").
Hosts alone are responsible for identifying, understanding, and complying with all laws, rules and regulations that apply to their Listings and Host Services (as defied below). For example, some cities have laws that restrict their ability to host paying guests for short periods or provide certain Host Services. In many cities, Hosts may have to register, get a permit or obtain a license before providing certain Host Services (such as preparing food, serving alcohol for sale, guiding tours or operating a vehicle). Host are alone responsible for identifying and obtaining any required licenses, permits, or registrations for any Host Services they offer. Certain types of Host Services may be prohibited altogether. Penalties may include fines or other enforcement. We provide some information in our Help Center to help you identify some of the obligations that apply to you. If you have questions about how local laws apply to your Listing(s) and Host Service(s) on BeitiBeitak, you should always seek legal guidance.
1. Scope of BeitiBeitak Services
- The BeitiBeitak Platform is an online marketplace that enables registered users (“Members”) and certain third parties who offer services (Members and third parties who offer services are “Hosts” and the services they offer are “Host Services”) to publish such Host Services on the BeitiBeitak Platform (“Listings”) and to communicate and transact directly with Members that are seeking to book such Host Services (Members using Host Services are “Guests”). Host Services may include the offering of vacation or other properties for use ("Accommodations") and a variety of other travel and non-travel related services.
- As the provider of the BeitiBeitak Platform, BeitiBeitak does not own, create, sell, resell, provide, control, manage, offer, deliver, or supply any Listings or Host Services, nor is BeitiBeitak an organiser or retailer of travel packages under Directive (EU) 2015/2302. Hosts alone are responsible for their Listings and Host Services. When Members make or accept a booking, they are entering into a contract directly with each other. BeitiBeitak is not and does not become a party to or other participant in any contractual relationship between Members, nor is BeitiBeitak a real estate broker or insurer. BeitiBeitak is not acting as an agent in any capacity for any Member, except as specified in the Payments Terms.
- While we may help facilitate the resolution of disputes, BeitiBeitak has no control over and does not guarantee (i) the existence, quality, safety, suitability, or legality of any Listings or Host Services, (ii) the truth or accuracy of any Listing descriptions, Ratings, Reviews, or other Member Content (as defined below), or (iii) the performance or conduct of any Member or third party. BeitiBeitak does not endorse any Member, Listing or Host Services. Any references to a Member being "verified" (or similar language) only indicate that the Member has completed a relevant verification or identification process and nothing else. Any such description is not an endorsement, certification or guarantee by BeitiBeitak about any Member, including of the Member's identity or background or whether the Member is trustworthy, safe or suitable. You should always exercise due diligence and care when deciding whether to stay in an Accommodation, participate in an Experience or Event or use other Host Services, accept a booking request from a Guest, or communicate and interact with other Members, whether online or in person. Verified Images (as defined below) are intended only to indicate a photographic representation of a Listing at the time the photograph was taken, and are therefore not an endorsement by BeitiBeitak of any Host or Listing.
- If you choose to use the BeitiBeitak Platform as a Host or Co-Host (as defined below) , your relationship with BeitiBeitak is limited to being an independent, third-party contractor, and not an employee, agent, joint venturer or partner of BeitiBeitak for any reason, and you act exclusively on your own behalf and for your own benefit, and not on behalf, or for the benefit, of BeitiBeitak. BeitiBeitak does not, and shall not be deemed to, direct or control you generally or in your performance under these Terms specifically, including in connection with your provision of the Host Services. You acknowledge and agree that you have complete discretion whether to list Host Services or otherwise engage in other business or employment activities.
- To promote the BeitiBeitak Platform and to increase the exposure of Listings to potential Guests, Listings and other Member Content may be displayed on other websites, in applications, within emails, and in online and offline advertisements. To assist Members who speak different languages, Listings and other Member Content may be translated, in whole or in part, into other languages. BeitiBeitak cannot guarantee the accuracy or quality of such translations and Members are responsible for reviewing and verifying the accuracy of such translations. The BeitiBeitak Platform may contain translations powered by Google. Google disclaims all warranties related to the translations, express or implied, including any warranties of accuracy, reliability, and any implied warranties for merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement.
- The BeitiBeitak Platform may contain links to third-party websites or resources (“Third-Party Services”). Such Third-Party Services may be subject to different terms and conditions and privacy practices. BeitiBeitak is not responsible or liable for the availability or accuracy of such Third-Party Services, or the content, products, or services available from such Third-Party Services. Links to such Third-Party Services are not an endorsement by BeitiBeitak of such Third-Party Services.
- Due to the nature of the Internet, BeitiBeitak cannot guarantee the continuous and uninterrupted availability and accessibility of the BeitiBeitak Platform. BeitiBeitak may restrict the availability of the BeitiBeitak Platform or certain areas or features thereof, if this is necessary in view of capacity limits, the security or integrity of our servers, or to carry out maintenance measures that ensure the proper or improved functioning of the BeitiBeitak Platform. BeitiBeitak may improve, enhance and modify the BeitiBeitak Platform and introduce new BeitiBeitak Services from time to time.
2. Eligibility, Using the BeitiBeitak Platform, Member Verification
- In order to access and use the BeitiBeitak Platform or register an BeitiBeitak Account you must be an individual at least 18 years old or a duly organized, validly existing business, organization or other legal entity in good standing under the laws of the country you are established and able to enter into legally binding contracts.
- You will comply with any applicable export control laws in your local jurisdiction. You also represent and warrant that (i) neither you nor your Host Service(s) are located or take place in a country that is subject to a U.S. Government embargo, or that has been designated by the U.S. Government as a "terrorist supporting" country, and (ii) you are not listed on any U.S. Government list of prohibited or restricted parties.
- BeitiBeitak may make access to and use of the BeitiBeitak Platform, or certain areas or features of the BeitiBeitak Platform, subject to certain conditions or requirements, such as completing a verification process, meeting specific quality or eligibility criteria, meeting Ratings or Reviews thresholds, or a Member’s booking and cancellation history.
- User verification on the Internet is difficult and we do not assume any responsibility for the confirmation of any Member’s identity. Notwithstanding the above, for transparency and fraud prevention purposes, and as permitted by applicable laws, we may, but have no obligation to (i) ask Members to provide a form of government identification or other information or undertake additional checks designed to help verify the identities or backgrounds of Members, (ii) screen Members against third party databases or other sources and request reports from service providers, and (iii) where we have sufficient information to identify a Member, obtain reports from public records of criminal convictions or sex offender registrations or an equivalent version of background or registered sex offender checks in your local jurisdiction (if available).
- The access to or use of certain areas and features of the BeitiBeitak Platform may be subject to separate policies, standards or guidelines, or may require that you accept additional terms and conditions, before you can access the relevant areas or features of the BeitiBeitak Platform. If there is a conflict between these Terms and terms and conditions applicable to a specific area or feature of the BeitiBeitak Platform, the latter terms and conditions will take precedence with respect to your access to or use of that area or feature, unless specified otherwise in the latter terms and conditions.
- Some areas of the BeitiBeitak Platform implement Google Maps/Earth mapping services, including Google Maps API(s). Your use of Google Maps/Earth is subject to the Google Maps/Google Earth Additional Terms of Service.
3. Modification of these Terms
- BeitiBeitak reserves the right to modify these Terms at any time in accordance with this provision. If we make changes to these Terms, we will post the revised Terms on the BeitiBeitak Platform and update the “Last Updated” date at the top of these Terms. We will also provide you with notice of the modifications by email at least thirty (30) days before the date they become effective. If you disagree with the revised Terms, you may terminate this Agreement with immediate effect. We will inform you about your right to terminate the Agreement in the notification email. If you do not terminate your Agreement before the date the revised Terms become effective, your continued access to or use of the BeitiBeitak Platform will constitute acceptance of the revised Terms.
4. Account Registration
- You must register an account ("BeitiBeitak Account") to access and use certain features of the BeitiBeitak Platform, such as publishing or booking a Listing. If you are registering an BeitiBeitak Account for a business, organization or other legal entity, you represent and warrant that you have the authority to legally bind that entity and grant us all permissions and licenses provided in these Terms.
- You can register an BeitiBeitak Account using an email address and creating a password, or through your account with certain third-party social networking services, such as Facebook or Google ("SNS Account"). You have the ability to disable the connection between your BeitiBeitak Account and your SNS Account at any time, by accessing the "Settings" section of the BeitiBeitak Platform.
- You must provide accurate, current and complete information during the registration process and keep your BeitiBeitak Account and public BeitiBeitak Account profile page information up-to-date at all times.
- You may not register more than one (1) BeitiBeitak Account unless BeitiBeitak authorizes you to do so. You may not assign or otherwise transfer your BeitiBeitak Account to another party.
- You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality and security of your BeitiBeitak Account credentials and may not disclose your credentials to any third party. You must immediately notify BeitiBeitak if you know or have any reason to suspect that your credentials have been lost, stolen, misappropriated, or otherwise compromised or in case of any actual or suspected unauthorized use of your BeitiBeitak Account. You are liable for any and all activities conducted through your BeitiBeitak Account, unless such activities are not authorized by you and you are not otherwise negligent (such as failing to report the unauthorized use or loss of your credentials).
- BeitiBeitak may enable features that allow you to authorize other Members or certain third parties to take certain actions that affect your BeitiBeitak Account. For example, we may enable Members to link their BeitiBeitak Accounts to businesses and take actions for those businesses, we may enable eligible Members or certain third parties to book Listings on behalf of other Members, or we may enable Hosts to add other Members as Co-Hosts (as defined below) to help manage their Listings. These features do not require that you share your credentials with any other person. No third party is authorized by BeitiBeitak to ask for your credentials, and you shall not request the credentials of another Member.
- BeitiBeitak may, at its sole discretion, enable Members to (i) create, upload, post, send, receive and store content, such as text, photos, audio, video, or other materials and information on or through the BeitiBeitak Platform ("Member Content"); and (ii) access and view Member Content and any content that BeitiBeitak itself makes available on or through the BeitiBeitak Platform, including proprietary BeitiBeitak content and any content licensed or authorized for use by or through BeitiBeitak from a third party ("BeitiBeitak Content" and together with Member Content, "Collective Content").
- The BeitiBeitak Platform, BeitiBeitak Content, and Member Content may in its entirety or in part be protected by copyright, trademark, and/or other laws of the ebanon and other countries. You acknowledge and agree that the BeitiBeitak Platform and BeitiBeitak Content, including all associated intellectual property rights, are the exclusive property of BeitiBeitak and/or its licensors or authorizing third-parties. You will not remove, alter or obscure any copyright, trademark, service mark or other proprietary rights notices incorporated in or accompanying the BeitiBeitak Platform, BeitiBeitak Content or Member Content. All trademarks, service marks, logos, trade names, and any other source identifiers of BeitiBeitak used on or in connection with the BeitiBeitak Platform and BeitiBeitak Content are trademarks or registered trademarks of BeitiBeitak in Lebanon and abroad. Trademarks, service marks, logos, trade names and any other proprietary designations of third parties used on or in connection with the BeitiBeitak Platform, BeitiBeitak Content, and/or Collective Content are used for identification purposes only and may be the property of their respective owners.
- You will not use, copy, adapt, modify, prepare derivative works of, distribute, license, sell, transfer, publicly display, publicly perform, transmit, broadcast or otherwise exploit the BeitiBeitak Platform or Collective Content, except to the extent you are the legal owner of certain Member Content or as expressly permitted in these Terms. No licenses or rights are granted to you by implication or otherwise under any intellectual property rights owned or controlled by BeitiBeitak or its licensors, except for the licenses and rights expressly granted in these Terms.
- Subject to your compliance with these Terms, BeitiBeitak grants you a limited, non-exclusive, non-sublicensable, revocable, non-transferable license to access and view any Collective Content made available on or through the BeitiBeitak Platform and accessible to you, solely for your personal and non-commercial use.
- BeitiBeitak may offer Hosts the option of having professional photographers take photographs of their Host Services, which are made available by the photographer to Hosts to include in their Listings with or without a watermark or tag bearing the words "BeitiBeitak.com Verified Photo" or similar wording ("Verified Images"). You are responsible for ensuring that your Host Service is accurately represented in the Verified Images and you will stop using the Verified Images on or through the BeitiBeitak Platform if they no longer accurately represent your Listing, if you stop hosting the Host Service featured, or if your BeitiBeitak Account is terminated or suspended for any reason. You acknowledge and agree that BeitiBeitak shall have the right to use any Verified Images in accordance with Section 5.5 for advertising, marketing and/or any other business purposes in any media or platform, whether in relation to your Listing or otherwise, without further notice or compensation to you. Where BeitiBeitak is not the exclusive owner of Verified Images, by using such Verified Images on or through the BeitiBeitak Platform, you grant to BeitiBeitak an exclusive, worldwide, royalty-free, irrevocable, perpetual (or for the term of the protection), sub-licensable and transferable license to use such Verified Images for advertising, marketing and/or any other business purposes in any media or platform, whether in relation to your Listing or otherwise, without further notice or compensation to you. BeitiBeitak in turn grants you a limited, non-exclusive, non-sublicensable, revocable, non-transferable license to use Verified Images outside of the BeitiBeitak Platform solely for your personal and non-commercial use.
- You are solely responsible for all Member Content that you make available on or through the BeitiBeitak Platform. Accordingly, you represent and warrant that: (i) you either are the sole and exclusive owner of all Member Content that you make available on or through the BeitiBeitak Platform or you have all rights, licenses, consents and releases that are necessary to grant to BeitiBeitak the rights in and to such Member Content, as contemplated under these Terms; and (ii) neither the Member Content nor your posting, uploading, publication, submission or transmittal of the Member Content or BeitiBeitak's use of the Member Content (or any portion thereof) as contemplated under these Terms will infringe, misappropriate or violate a third party's patent, copyright, trademark, trade secret, moral rights or other proprietary or intellectual property rights, or rights of publicity or privacy, or result in the violation of any applicable law or regulation.
- You will not post, upload, publish, submit or transmit any Member Content that: (i) is fraudulent, false, misleading (directly or by omission or failure to update information) or deceptive; (ii) is defamatory, libelous, obscene, pornographic, vulgar or offensive; (iii) promotes discrimination, bigotry, racism, hatred, harassment or harm against any individual or group; (iv) is violent or threatening or promotes violence or actions that are threatening to any other person or animal; (v) promotes illegal or harmful activities or substances; or (vi) violates BeitiBeitak’s Content Policy or any other BeitiBeitak policy. BeitiBeitak may, without prior notice, remove or disable access to any Member Content that BeitiBeitak finds to be in violation of applicable law, these Terms or BeitiBeitak’s then-current policies, or otherwise may be harmful or objectionable to BeitiBeitak, its Members, third parties, or property.
6. Service Fees
- BeitiBeitak may charge fees to Hosts ("Host Fees") and/or Guests ("Guest Fees") (collectively, "Service Fees") in consideration for the use of the BeitiBeitak Platform. More information about when Service Fees apply and how they are calculated can be found on our Service Fees page.
- Any applicable Service Fees (including any applicable Taxes) will be displayed to a Host or Guest prior to publishing or booking a Listing. BeitiBeitak reserves the right to change the Service Fees at any time, and will provide Members adequate notice of any fee changes before they become effective. Such fee changes will not affect any bookings made prior to the effective date of the fee change.
- You are responsible for paying any Service Fees that you owe to BeitiBeitak. The applicable Service Fees (including any applicable Taxes) are collected by BeitiBeitak Payments. BeitiBeitak Payments will deduct any Host Fees from the Listing Fee before remitting the payout to the Host. Any Guest Fees are included in the Total Fees collected by BeitiBeitak Payments. Except as otherwise provided on the BeitiBeitak Platform, Service Fees are non-refundable.
7. Terms specific for Hosts
- Terms applicable to all Listings
- When creating a Listing through the BeitiBeitak Platform you must (i) provide complete and accurate information about your Host Service (such as listing description, location, and calendar availability), (ii) disclose any deficiencies, restrictions (such as house rules) and requirements that apply (such as any minimum age, proficiency or fitness requirements for an Experience) and (iii) provide any other pertinent information requested by BeitiBeitak. You are responsible for keeping your Listing information (including calendar availability) up-to-date at all times.
- You are solely responsible for setting a price (including any Taxes if applicable, or charges such as cleaning fees) for your Listing (“Listing Fee”). Once a Guest requests a booking of your Listing, you may not request that the Guest pays a higher price than in the booking request.
- Any terms and conditions included in your Listing, in particular in relation to cancellations, must not conflict with these Terms or the relevant cancellation policy for your Listing.
- Pictures, animations or videos (collectively, "Images") used in your Listings must accurately reflect the quality and condition of your Host Services. BeitiBeitak reserves the right to require that Listings have a minimum number of Images of a certain format, size and resolution.
- The placement and ranking of Listings in search results on the BeitiBeitak Platform may vary and depend on a variety of factors, such as Guest search parameters and preferences, Host requirements, price and calendar availability, number and quality of Images, customer service and cancellation history, Reviews and Ratings, type of Host Service, and/or ease of booking.
- When you accept or have pre-approved a booking request by a Guest, you are entering into a legally binding agreement with the Guest and are required to provide your Host Service(s) to the Guest as described in your Listing when the booking request is made. You also agree to pay the applicable Host Fee and any applicable Taxes.
- BeitiBeitak recommends that Hosts obtain appropriate insurance for their Host Services. Please review any respective insurance policy carefully, and in particular make sure that you are familiar with and understand any exclusions to, and any deductibles that may apply for, such insurance policy, including, but not limited to, whether or not your insurance policy will cover the actions or inactions of Guests (and the individuals the Guest has booked for, if applicable) while staying at your Accommodation or participating in your Experience, Event or other Host Service.
- Listing Accommodations
- Unless expressly allowed by BeitiBeitak, you may not list more than one Accommodation per Listing.
- If you choose to require a security deposit for your Accommodation, you must specify this in your Listing ("Security Deposit"). Hosts are not allowed to ask for a Security Deposit (i) after a booking has been confirmed or (ii) outside of the BeitiBeitak Platform.
- You represent and warrant that any Listing you post and the booking of, or a Guest's stay at, an Accommodation will (i) not breach any agreements you have entered into with any third parties, such as homeowners association, condominium, or other agreements, and (ii) comply with all applicable laws (such as zoning laws), Tax requirements, and other rules and regulations (including having all required permits, licenses and registrations). As a Host, you are responsible for your own acts and omissions and are also responsible for the acts and omissions of any individuals who reside at or are otherwise present at the Accommodation at your request or invitation, excluding the Guest and any individuals the Guest invites to the Accommodation.
8. Terms specific for Guests
- Terms applicable to all bookings
- Subject to meeting any requirements (such as completing any verification processes) set by BeitiBeitak and/or the Host, you can book a Listing available on the BeitiBeitak Platform by following the respective booking process. All applicable fees, including the Listing Fee, Security Deposit (if applicable), Guest Fee and any applicable Taxes (collectively, “Total Fees”) will be presented to you prior to booking a Listing. You agree to pay the Total Fees for any booking requested in connection with your BeitiBeitak Account.
- Upon receipt of a booking confirmation from BeitiBeitak, a legally binding agreement is formed between you and your Host, subject to any additional terms and conditions of the Host that apply, including in particular the applicable cancellation policy and any rules and restrictions specified in the Listing. BeitiBeitak Payments will collect the Total Fees at the time of the booking request or upon the Host’s confirmation pursuant to the Payments Terms. For certain bookings, Guests may be required to pay or have the option to pay in multiple installments.
- If you book a Host Service on behalf of additional guests, you are required to ensure that every additional guest meets any requirements set by the Host, and is made aware of and agrees to these Terms and any terms and conditions, rules and restrictions set by the Host. If you are booking for an additional guest who is a minor, you represent and warrant that you are legally authorized to act on behalf of the minor. Minors may only participate in an Experience, Event or other Host Service if accompanied by an adult who is responsible for them.
- Booking Accommodations
- You understand that a confirmed booking of an Accommodation (“Accommodation Booking”) is a limited license granted to you by the Host to enter, occupy and use the Accommodation for the duration of your stay, during which time the Host (only where and to the extent permitted by applicable law) retains the right to re-enter the Accommodation, in accordance with your agreement with the Host.
- You agree to leave the Accommodation no later than the checkout time that the Host specifies in the Listing or such other time as mutually agreed upon between you and the Host. If you stay past the agreed upon checkout time without the Host's consent (“Overstay”), you no longer have a license to stay in the Accommodation and the Host is entitled to make you leave in a manner consistent with applicable law. In addition, you agree to pay, if requested by the Host, for each twenty-four (24) hour period (or any portion thereof) that you Overstay, an additional nightly fee of up to two (2) times the average nightly Listing Fee originally paid by you to cover the inconvenience suffered by the Host, plus all applicable Guest Fees, Taxes, and any legal expenses incurred by the Host to make you leave (collectively, "Overstay Fees"). Overstay Fees for late checkouts on the checkout date that do not impact upcoming bookings may be limited to the additional costs incurred by the Host as a result of such Overstay. If you Overstay at an Accommodation, you authorize BeitiBeitak (via BeitiBeitak Payments) to charge you to collect Overstay Fees. A Security Deposit, if required by a Host, may be applied to any Overstay Fees due for a Guest’s Overstay.
9. Booking Modifications, Cancellations and Refunds, Resolution Center
- Hosts and Guests are responsible for any modifications to a booking that they make via the BeitiBeitak Platform or direct BeitiBeitak customer service to make ("Booking Modifications"), and agree to pay any additional Listing Fees, Host Fees or Guest Fees and/or Taxes associated with such Booking Modifications.
- Guests can cancel a confirmed booking at any time pursuant to the Listing’s cancellation policy set by the Host, and BeitiBeitak Payments will refund the amount of the Total Fees due to the Guest in accordance with such cancellation policy. Unless extenuating circumstances exist, any portion of the Total Fees due to the Host under the applicable cancellation policy will be remitted to the Host by BeitiBeitak Payments pursuant to the Payments Terms.
- If a Host cancels a confirmed booking, the Guest will receive a full refund of the Total Fees for such booking. In some instances, BeitiBeitak may allow the Guest to apply the refund to a new booking, in which case BeitiBeitak Payments will credit the amount against the Guest’s subsequent booking at the Guest’s direction. Further, BeitiBeitak may publish an automated review on the Listing cancelled by the Host indicating that a booking was cancelled. In addition, BeitiBeitak may (i) keep the calendar for the Listing unavailable or blocked for the dates of the cancelled booking, and/or (ii) impose a cancellation fee, unless the Host has a valid reason for cancelling the booking or has legitimate concerns about the Guest’s behavior.
- If a Guest who books an Accommodation suffers a Travel Issue as defined in the Guest Refund Policy, BeitiBeitak may determine, in its sole discretion, to refund the Guest part or all of the Total Fees in accordance with the Guest Refund Policy.
- If a Guest or BeitiBeitak cancels a confirmed booking, and the Guest receives a refund in accordance with the Guest Refund Policy, or the applicable cancellation policy set by the Host and mentioned in the Listing, after the Host has already been paid, BeitiBeitak Payments will be entitled to recover the amount of any such refund from the Host, including by subtracting such refund amount out from any future Payouts due to the Host.
- Except as otherwise set out in these Terms, Members may use the Resolution Center to send or request money for refunds, additional Host Services or Damage Claims related to bookings. You agree to pay all amounts sent through the Resolution Center in connection with your BeitiBeitak Account, and BeitiBeitak Payments will handle all such payments.
10. Ratings and Reviews
- Within a certain timeframe after completing a booking, Guests and Hosts can leave a public review (“Review”) and submit a star rating (“Rating”) about each other. Ratings or Reviews reflect the opinions of individual Members and do not reflect the opinion of BeitiBeitak. Ratings and Reviews are not verified by BeitiBeitak for accuracy and may be incorrect or misleading.
- Ratings and Reviews by Guests and Hosts must be accurate and may not contain any offensive or defamatory language. Ratings and Reviews are subject to Section 5.
- Members are prohibited from manipulating the Ratings and Reviews system in any manner, such as instructing a third party to write a positive or negative Review about another Member.
- Ratings and Reviews are part of a Member’s public profile and may also be surfaced elsewhere on the BeitiBeitak Platform (such as the Listing page) together with other relevant information such as number of bookings, number of cancellations, average response time and other information.
11. Damage to Accommodations, Disputes between Members
- As a Guest, you are responsible for leaving the Accommodation (including any personal or other property located at the Accommodation) in the condition it was in when you arrived. You are responsible for your own acts and omissions and are also responsible for the acts and omissions of any individuals whom you invite to, or otherwise provide access to, the Accommodation, excluding the Host (and the individuals the Host invites to the Accommodation, if applicable).
- If a Host claims and provides evidence that you as a Guest have damaged an Accommodation or any personal or other property at an Accommodation ("Damage Claim"), the Host can seek payment from you through the Resolution Center. If a Host escalates a Damage Claim to BeitiBeitak, you will be given an opportunity to respond. If you agree to pay the Host, or BeitiBeitak determines in its sole discretion that you are responsible for the Damage Claim, BeitiBeitak via BeitiBeitak Payments will, after the end of your stay, collect any such sums from you and/or against the Security Deposit (if applicable) required to cover the Damage Claim pursuant to the Payments Terms. BeitiBeitak also reserves the right to otherwise collect payment from you and pursue any remedies available to BeitiBeitak in this regard in situations in which you are responsible for a Damage Claim, including, but not limited to, in relation to any payment requests made by Hosts under the BeitiBeitak Host Guarantee.
- Members agree to cooperate with and assist BeitiBeitak in good faith, and to provide BeitiBeitak with such information and take such actions as may be reasonably requested by BeitiBeitak, in connection with any Damage Claims or other complaints or claims made by Members relating to Accommodations or any personal or other property located at an Accommodation. A Member shall, upon BeitiBeitak's reasonable request and at no cost to the Member, participate in mediation or a similar resolution process with another Member, which process will be conducted by BeitiBeitak or a third party selected by BeitiBeitak or its insurer, with respect to losses for which a Member is requesting payment from BeitiBeitak (including but not limited to payments under the BeitiBeitak Host Guarantee).
- If you are a Guest or a Co-Host, you understand and agree that BeitiBeitak may make a claim under your homeowner's, renter's or other insurance policy related to any damage or loss that you may have caused, or been responsible for, to any personal or other property (including an Accommodation) of the Host (including without limitation amounts paid by BeitiBeitak under the BeitiBeitak Host Guarantee). You agree to cooperate with and assist BeitiBeitak in good faith, and to provide BeitiBeitak with such information as may be reasonably requested by BeitiBeitak, to make a claim under your homeowner's, renter's or other insurance policy, including, but not limited to, executing documents and taking such further acts as BeitiBeitak may reasonably request to assist BeitiBeitak in accomplishing the foregoing.
12. Rounding off
- BeitiBeitak generally supports payment amounts that are payable from or to Guests or Hosts to the smallest unit supported by a given currency (i.e., U.S. cents, Euro cents or other supported currencies). Where BeitiBeitak’s third-party payment services provider does not support payments in the smaller unit supported by a given currency, BeitiBeitak may, in its sole discretion, round up or round down the displayed amounts that are payable from or to Guests or Hosts to the nearest whole functional base unit in which the currency is denominated (i.e. to the nearest dollar, Euro or other supported currency); for example, BeitiBeitak may round up an amount of $101.50 to $102.00, and round down an amount of $101.49 to $101.00.
- As a Host you are solely responsible for determining your obligations to report, collect, remit or include in your Listing Fees any applicable VAT or other indirect sales taxes, occupancy tax, tourist or other visitor taxes or income taxes ("Taxes").
- Tax regulations may require us to collect appropriate Tax information from Hosts, or to withhold Taxes from payouts to Hosts, or both. If a Host fails to provide us with the required documentation under applicable law (e.g., a tax number) that we determine to be sufficient to alleviate our obligation (if any) to withhold Taxes from payouts to you, we reserve the right to withhold payouts up to the tax-relevant amount as required by law, until resolution.
- You understand that any appropriate governmental agency, department and/or authority ("Tax Authority") where your Accommodation is located may require Taxes to be collected from Guests or Hosts on Listing Fees, and to be remitted to the respective Tax Authority. The laws in jurisdictions may vary, but these Taxes may be required to be collected and remitted as a percentage of the Listing Fees set by Hosts, a set amount per day, or other variations, and are sometimes called "transient occupancy taxes," "hotel taxes," "lodging taxes," "city taxes," "room taxes" or "tourist taxes" ("Occupancy Taxes").
- In certain jurisdictions, BeitiBeitak may decide in its sole discretion to facilitate collection and remittance of Occupancy Taxes from or on behalf of Guests or Hosts, in accordance with these Terms ("Collection and Remittance") if such jurisdiction asserts BeitiBeitak or Hosts have an Occupancy Tax collection and remittance obligation. In any jurisdiction in which we decide to facilitate direct Collection and Remittance, you hereby instruct and authorize BeitiBeitak (via BeitiBeitak Payments) to collect Occupancy Taxes from Guests on the Host's behalf at the time Listing Fees are collected, and to remit such Occupancy Taxes to the Tax Authority. In other jurisdictions BeitiBeitak may decide in its sole discretion to collect Occupancy Taxes and remit such Taxes to eligible and qualifying Hosts, based on tax information supplied by the Host, for ultimate reporting and remittance by such Host to the Tax Authority (“Pass-Through Tax Feature”). Such Hosts using the Pass-Through Tax Feature will be solely responsible for informing BeitiBeitak about the correct Occupancy Tax amount to be collected from the Guest in accordance with applicable law and directly remitting the Occupancy Taxes to the relevant Tax Authority. BeitiBeitak does not assume any liability for the failure of a participating Host to comply with any applicable tax reporting or remittance obligations. The amount of Occupancy Taxes, if any, collected and remitted by BeitiBeitak will be visible to and separately stated to both Guests and Hosts on their respective transaction documents. Where BeitiBeitak is facilitating Collection and Remittance, Hosts are not permitted to collect any Occupancy Taxes being collected by BeitiBeitak relating to their Accommodations in that jurisdiction.
- You agree that any claim or cause of action relating to BeitiBeitak's facilitation of Collection and Remittance of Occupancy Taxes shall not extend to any supplier or vendor that may be used by BeitiBeitak in connection with facilitation of Collection and Remittance, if any. Guests and Hosts agree that we may seek additional amounts from you in the event that the Taxes collected and/or remitted are insufficient to fully discharge your obligations to the Tax Authority, and agree that your sole remedy for Occupancy Taxes collected is a refund of Occupancy Taxes collected by BeitiBeitak from the applicable Tax Authority in accordance with applicable procedures set by that Tax Authority.
- BeitiBeitak reserves the right, with prior notice to Hosts, to cease the Collection and Remittance in any jurisdiction for any reason at which point Hosts and Guests are once again solely responsible and liable for the collection and/or remittance of any and all Occupancy Taxes that may apply to Accommodations in that jurisdiction.
14. Prohibited Activities
- breach or circumvent any applicable laws or regulations, agreements with third-parties, third-party rights, or our Terms;
- use the BeitiBeitak Platform or Collective Content for any commercial or other purposes that are not expressly permitted by these Terms or in a manner that falsely implies BeitiBeitak endorsement, partnership or otherwise misleads others as to your affiliation with BeitiBeitak;
- use the BeitiBeitak Platform in connection with the distribution of unsolicited commercial messages ("spam");
- offer, as a Host, any Accommodation that you do not yourself own or have permission to make available as a residential or other property through the BeitiBeitak Platform;
- unless BeitiBeitak explicitly permits otherwise, book any Listing if you will not actually be using the Host Services yourself;
- contact another Member for any purpose other than asking a question related to a your own booking, Listing, or the Member's use of the BeitiBeitak Platform, including, but not limited to, recruiting or otherwise soliciting any Member to join third-party services, applications or websites, without our prior written approval;
- use the BeitiBeitak Platform to request, make or accept a booking independent of the BeitiBeitak Platform, to circumvent any Service Fees or for any other reason;
- request, accept or make any payment for Listing Fees outside of the BeitiBeitak Platform or BeitiBeitak Payments. If you do so, you acknowledge and agree that you: (i) would be in breach of these Terms; (ii) accept all risks and responsibility for such payment, and (iii) hold BeitiBeitak harmless from any liability for such payment;
- discriminate against or harass anyone on the basis of race, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, age or sexual orientation, or otherwise engage in any violent, harmful, abusive or disrupvtive behavior;
- misuse or abuse any Listings or services associated with the BeitiBeitak Open Homes program as determined by BeitiBeitak in its sole discretion.
- use, display, mirror or frame the BeitiBeitak Platform or Collective Content, or any individual element within the BeitiBeitak Platform, BeitiBeitak's name, any BeitiBeitak trademark, logo or other proprietary information, or the layout and design of any page or form contained on a page in the BeitiBeitak Platform, without BeitiBeitak's express written consent;
- dilute, tarnish or otherwise harm the BeitiBeitak brand in any way, including through unauthorized use of Collective Content, registering and/or using BeitiBeitak or derivative terms in domain names, trade names, trademarks or other source identifiers, or registering and/or using domains names, trade names, trademarks or other source identifiers that closely imitate or are confusingly similar to BeitiBeitak domains, trademarks, taglines, promotional campaigns or Collective Content;
- use any robots, spider, crawler, scraper or other automated means or processes to access, collect data or other content from or otherwise interact with the BeitiBeitak Platform for any purpose;
- avoid, bypass, remove, deactivate, impair, descramble, or otherwise attempt to circumvent any technological measure implemented by BeitiBeitak or any of BeitiBeitak's providers or any other third party to protect the BeitiBeitak Platform;
- attempt to decipher, decompile, disassemble or reverse engineer any of the software used to provide the BeitiBeitak Platform;
- take any action that damages or adversely affects, or could damage or adversely affect the performance or proper functioning of the BeitiBeitak Platform; or
- violate or infringe anyone else’s rights or otherwise cause harm to anyone.
You are solely responsible for compliance with any and all laws, rules, regulations, and Tax obligations that may apply to your use of the BeitiBeitak Platform. In connection with your use of the BeitiBeitak Platform, you will not and will not assist or enable others to:
- You acknowledge that BeitiBeitak has no obligation to monitor the access to or use of the BeitiBeitak Platform by any Member or to review, disable access to, or edit any Member Content, but has the right to do so to (i) operate, secure and improve the BeitiBeitak Platform (including without limitation for fraud prevention, risk assessment, investigation and customer support purposes); (ii) ensure Members’ compliance with these Terms; (iii) comply with applicable law or the order or requirement of a court, law enforcement or other administrative agency or governmental body; (iv) respond to Member Content that it determines is harmful or objectionable; or (v) as otherwise set forth in these Terms. Members agree to cooperate with and assist BeitiBeitak in good faith, and to provide BeitiBeitak with such information and take such actions as may be reasonably requested by BeitiBeitak with respect to any investigation undertaken by BeitiBeitak or a representative of BeitiBeitak regarding the use or abuse of the BeitiBeitak Platform.
- If you feel that any Member you interact with, whether online or in person, is acting or has acted inappropriately, including but not limited to anyone who (i) engages in offensive, violent or sexually inappropriate behavior, (ii) you suspect of stealing from you, or (iii) engages in any other disturbing conduct, you should immediately report such person to the appropriate authorities and then to BeitiBeitak by contacting us with your police station and report number (if available). You agree that any report you make will not obligate us to take any action (beyond that required by law, if any).
15. Term and Termination, Suspension and other Measures
15.1 This Agreement shall be effective for a 30-day term, at the end of which it will automatically and continuously renew for subsequent 30-day terms until such time when you or BeitiBeitak terminate the Agreement in accordance with this provision.
15.2 You may terminate this Agreement at any time by sending us an email. If you cancel your BeitiBeitak Account as a Host, any confirmed booking(s) will be automatically cancelled and your Guests will receive a full refund. If you cancel your BeitiBeitak Account as a Guest, any confirmed booking(s) will be automatically cancelled and any refund will depend upon the terms of the Listing’s cancellation policy.
15.3 Without limiting our rights specified below, BeitiBeitak may terminate this Agreement for convenience at any time by giving you thirty (30) days' notice via email to your registered email address.
15.4 BeitiBeitak may immediately, without notice, terminate this Agreement and/or stop providing access to the BeitiBeitak Platform if (i) you have materially breached your obligations under these Terms, the Payments Terms, (ii) you have violated applicable laws, regulations or third party rights, or (iii) BeitiBeitak believes in good faith that such action is reasonably necessary to protect the personal safety or property of BeitiBeitak, its Members, or third parties (for example in the case of fraudulent behavior of a Member).
15.5 In addition, BeitiBeitak may take any of the following measures (i) to comply with applicable law, or the order or request of a court, law enforcement or other administrative agency or governmental body, or if (ii) you have breached these Terms, the Payments Terms, applicable laws, regulations, or third party rights, (iii) you have provided inaccurate, fraudulent, outdated or incomplete information during the BeitiBeitak Account registration, Listing process or thereafter, (iv) you and/or your Listings or Host Services at any time fail to meet any applicable quality or eligibility criteria, (v) you have repeatedly received poor Ratings or Reviews or BeitiBeitak otherwise becomes aware of or has received complaints about your performance or conduct, (vi) you have repeatedly cancelled confirmed bookings or failed to respond to booking requests without a valid reason, or (vii) BeitiBeitak believes in good faith that such action is reasonably necessary to protect the personal safety or property of BeitiBeitak, its Members, or third parties, or to prevent fraud or other illegal activity:
• refuse to surface, delete or delay any Listings, Ratings, Reviews, or other Member Content;
• cancel any pending or confirmed bookings;
• limit your access to or use of the BeitiBeitak Platform;
• temporarily or permanently revoke any special status associated with your BeitiBeitak Account;
• temporarily or in case of severe or repeated offenses permanently suspend your BeitiBeitak Account and stop providing access to the BeitiBeitak Platform.
In case of non-material breaches and where appropriate, you will be given notice of any intended measure by BeitiBeitak and an opportunity to resolve the issue to BeitiBeitak's reasonable satisfaction.
15.6 If we take any of the measures described above (i) we may refund your Guests in full for any and all confirmed bookings that have been cancelled, irrespective of preexisting cancellation policies, and (ii) you will not be entitled to any compensation for pending or confirmed bookings that were cancelled.
15.7 When this Agreement has been terminated, you are not entitled to a restoration of your BeitiBeitak Account or any of your Member Content. If your access to or use of the BeitiBeitak Platform has been limited or your BeitiBeitak Account has been suspended or this Agreement has been terminated by us, you may not register a new BeitiBeitak Account or access and use the BeitiBeitak Platform through an BeitiBeitak Account of another Member.
15.8 Sections 5 and 16 to 22 of these Terms shall survive any termination or expiration of this Agreement.
If you choose to use the BeitiBeitak Platform or Collective Content, you do so voluntarily and at your sole risk. The BeitiBeitak Platform and Collective Content is provided “as is”, without warranty of any kind, either express or implied.
You agree that you have had whatever opportunity you deem necessary to investigate the BeitiBeitak Services, laws, rules, or regulations that may be applicable to your Listings and/or Host Services you are receiving and that you are not relying upon any statement of law or fact made by BeitiBeitak relating to a Listing.
If we choose to conduct identity verification or background checks on any Member, to the extent permitted by applicable law, we disclaim warranties of any kind, either express or implied, that such checks will identify prior misconduct by a Member or guarantee that a Member will not engage in misconduct in the future.
The foregoing disclaimers apply to the maximum extent permitted by law. You may have other statutory rights. However, the duration of statutorily required warranties, if any, shall be limited to the maximum extent permitted by law.
You acknowledge and agree that, to the maximum extent permitted by law, the entire risk arising out of your access to and use of the BeitiBeitak Platform and Collective Content, your publishing or booking of any Listing via the BeitiBeitak Platform, your stay at any Accommodation, or any other interaction you have with other Members whether in person or online remains with you. Neither BeitiBeitak nor any other party involved in creating, producing, or delivering the BeitiBeitak Platform or Collective Content will be liable for any incidental, special, exemplary or consequential damages, including lost profits, loss of data or loss of goodwill, service interruption, computer damage or system failure or the cost of substitute products or services, or for any damages for personal or bodily injury or emotional distress arising out of or in connection with (i) these Terms, (ii) from the use of or inability to use the BeitiBeitak Platform or Collective Content, (iii) from any communications, interactions or meetings with other Members or other persons with whom you communicate, interact or meet with as a result of your use of the BeitiBeitak Platform, or (iv) from your publishing or booking of a Listing, including the provision or use of a Listing’s Host Services, whether based on warranty, contract, tort (including negligence), product liability or any other legal theory, and whether or not BeitiBeitak has been informed of the possibility of such damage, even if a limited remedy set forth herein is found to have failed of its essential purpose. Except for our obligations to pay amounts to applicable Hosts pursuant to these Terms or an approved payment request under the BeitiBeitak Host Guarantee, in no event will BeitiBeitak’s aggregate liability arising out of or in connection with these Terms and your use of the BeitiBeitak Platform including, but not limited to, from your publishing or booking of any Listings via the BeitiBeitak Platform, or from the use of or inability to use the BeitiBeitak Platform or Collective Content and in connection with any Accommodation, other Host Service, or interactions with any other Members, exceed the amounts you have paid or owe for bookings via the BeitiBeitak Platform as a Guest in the twelve (12) month period prior to the event giving rise to the liability, or if you are a Host, the amounts paid by BeitiBeitakto you in the twelve (12) month period prior to the event giving rise to the liability, or one hundred U.S. dollars (US$100), if no such payments have been made, as applicable. The limitations of damages set forth above are fundamental elements of the basis of the bargain between BeitiBeitak and you. Some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion or limitation of liability for consequential or incidental damages, so the above limitation may not apply to you. If you reside outside of the U.S., this does not affect BeitiBeitak’s liability for death or personal injury arising from its negligence, nor for fraudulent misrepresentation, misrepresentation as to a fundamental matter or any other liability which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law.
To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, you agree to release, defend (at BeitiBeitak’s option), indemnify, and hold BeitiBeitak and its affiliates and subsidiaries, including but not limited to, BeitiBeitak Payments, and their officers, directors, employees and agents, harmless from and against any claims, liabilities, damages, losses, and expenses, including, without limitation, reasonable legal and accounting fees, arising out of or in any way connected with (i) your breach of these Terms or our Policies or Standards, (ii) your improper use of the BeitiBeitak Platform or any BeitiBeitak Services, (iii) your interaction with any Member, stay at an Accommodation, participation in an Experience, Event or other Host Service, participation in the Group Payment Service, including without limitation any injuries, losses or damages (whether compensatory, direct, incidental, consequential or otherwise) of any kind arising in connection with or as a result of such interaction, stay, participation or use, (iv) BeitiBeitak’s Collection and Remittance of Occupancy Taxes, or (v) your breach of any laws, regulations or third party rights.
We welcome and encourage you to provide feedback, comments and suggestions for improvements to the BeitiBeitak Platform (“Feedback“). You may submit Feedback by emailing us, through the “Contact” section of the BeitiBeitak Platform, or by other means of communication. Any Feedback you submit to us will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary to you. By submitting Feedback to us, you grant us a non-exclusive, worldwide, royalty-free, irrevocable, sub-licensable, perpetual license to use and publish those ideas and materials for any purpose, without compensation to you.
20, 21. [Reserved]
22. General Provisions
22.1 Except as they may be supplemented by additional terms and conditions, policies, guidelines or standards, these Terms constitute the entire Agreement between BeitiBeitak and you pertaining to the subject matter hereof, and supersede any and all prior oral or written understandings or agreements between BeitiBeitak and you in relation to the access to and use of the BeitiBeitak Platform.
22.2 No joint venture, partnership, employment, or agency relationship exists between you and BeitiBeitak as a result of this Agreement or your use of the BeitiBeitak Platform.
22.3 These Terms do not and are not intended to confer any rights or remedies upon any person other than the parties.
22.4 If any provision of these Terms is held to be invalid or unenforceable, such provision will be struck and will not affect the validity and enforceability of the remaining provisions.
22.5 BeitiBeitak’s failure to enforce any right or provision in these Terms will not constitute a waiver of such right or provision unless acknowledged and agreed to by us in writing. Except as expressly set forth in these Terms, the exercise by either party of any of its remedies under these Terms will be without prejudice to its other remedies under these Terms or otherwise permitted under law.
22.6 You may not assign, transfer or delegate this Agreement and your rights and obligations hereunder without BeitiBeitak's prior written consent. BeitiBeitak may without restriction assign, transfer or delegate this Agreement and any rights and obligations hereunder, at its sole discretion, with 30 days prior notice. Your right to terminate this Agreement at any time remains unaffected.
22.7 Unless specified otherwise, any notices or other communications to Members permitted or required under this Agreement, will be provided electronically and given by BeitiBeitak via email, BeitiBeitak Platform notification, or messaging service (including SMS and WeChat).
22.8 If you have any questions about these Terms please email us.